The M Class more properly known as the Admiralty M - Class were a class of 85 destroyers built for the Royal Navy for service in WW1. All ships were built to an identical – Admiralty – design, hence the class name.
The Admiralty design was based on the preceding L-Classbut modified to produce an increase in speed by approximately 6 knots. The class had three identical narrow, circular funnels, three 4.7" guns and two banks of double torpedo and could reach 34 knots ( 39 mph)
The Mary Rose was launched on 8 October 1915 but after two years of service met her end at the hands of two German cruisers whilst gallantly defending a convoy of 12 merchant ships from Norway in an action some 70 miles east of Lerwick.