This light tank was produced in large numbers entering production in 1936. It differed from earlier models by introducing a larger turret to accommodate a 3 man crew. Its thin armour was rifle proof but was hopelessly inadequate against heavier weapons.
Its armament consisted of a 0.5 and .303 machine guns. Most of the tanks were lost in the 1940 French campaign though some soldered on in the Western Desert campaign.